Agencies working with young people can make referrals or young people can self-refer. If you would like to refer a young person, or are wondering if a referral would be appropriate; please contact us at the office.
Do you work with young people who have experience of self-harm?
Would you like to learn more about how you could work more effectively with young people who have experience of this issue?
Are you aware that The Amber Project offers:
A Two Day Training Programme which will enable you to;
- Recognise self-harming behaviours.
- Explore some of the reasons that young people self-harm.
- Identify some of the issues which may underpin self-harm.
- Consider what young people who self-harm find helpful.
- Provide you with practical strategies that will help you to provide effective support.
Amber Awareness Talks
We also offer shorter, informal workshops which are useful for agencies who are considering referring young people to The Amber Project. The different elements of the project are outlined and some of the young people who attend the groups talk about what types of support they have found to be the most helpful.
The project produces a booklet for young people who self-harm, called 'Louder than Words' which is available directly from the project. You can also view the booklet online here.
Contact us to find out more.